Ms. S&C’s birthday-cocktail-repeal-day party was a success. But, it was also a reminder that Ms. S&C is now 32, not 23, and therefore she needs to take it easy next year. Many thanks to all her friends who stopped by! Here are a few highlights.
The jalapeno margarita won the reader poll, so that’s what was served. The jalapeno infused simple syrup was used in both a traditional and a pomegranate margarita. While we fixed some fine margaritas, we need to perfect the recipes before we share. We didn’t want to overdo the jalapeno flavor, but we were much too conservative when making the simple syrup. Next time we’ll use more than two jalapenos and let the syrup sit overnight before straining. Other margarita ingredients included: lemon, lime, orange and pomegranate juices, tequila and cointreau.
Our Southwestern-style appetizers included:
- Zesty bean dip, recipe from the Moosewood Cookbook
- Guacamole, also influenced by Moosewood Cookbook’s recipe
- Bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos
- Mini quesadillas
- Grilled chicken and shrimp skewers
- Tres Leches cake, from our neighborhood bakery, My Bakery & Café
The next day clean up looked a little something like this. Love you guys.