There’s no shortage of cartoons about shoes over in the New Yorker magazine’s Cartoon Bank. I would love to have a framed print for my office (hint, hint MGC). Here are a few of my favorites:
- “I know how expensive women’s shoes are, but take the goddam jewelry!”
- “Jimmy Choo, Mahnolo Blahnik—honestly can’t taste the difference.”
- “I can’t walk in these shoes, which is a problem, because I can’t sit down in this skirt.”
- “I couldn’t resist—the second pair was free.”
- “Remember back when the worst thing you could catch around here was athlete’s foot?” (When this cartoon appeared in the magazine, I actually entered the New Yorker caption contest with a similar concept. Caption was, “There goes the neighborhood.”)
Shoes & Cocktails wants to know: Which is your favorite? Because of strict copyrights, I can’t post the cartoons, so take a look and make a comment below. And trust me, you’ll know if one ends up in my office.