There’s no shortage of cartoons about shoes over in the New Yorker magazine’s Cartoon Bank. I would love to have a framed print for my office (hint, hint MGC). Here are a few of my favorites:
- “I know how expensive women’s shoes are, but take the goddam jewelry!”
- “Jimmy Choo, Mahnolo Blahnik—honestly can’t taste the difference.”
- “I can’t walk in these shoes, which is a problem, because I can’t sit down in this skirt.”
- “I couldn’t resist—the second pair was free.”
- “Remember back when the worst thing you could catch around here was athlete’s foot?” (When this cartoon appeared in the magazine, I actually entered the New Yorker caption contest with a similar concept. Caption was, “There goes the neighborhood.”)
Shoes & Cocktails wants to know: Which is your favorite? Because of strict copyrights, I can’t post the cartoons, so take a look and make a comment below. And trust me, you’ll know if one ends up in my office.
I just realized–can we believe the new yorker spelled manolo wrong?
They’re all funny but as a dog lover, I’ve got to go with number 2. If they’d picked your caption for number 5 it would’ve been the clear winner.
My favorite is #3. I can think of a time recently when I had a very similar problem.
#3 is my fave too!!!!
#4 or #1 are my favorites. Love the elephants. A great anniversary present idea for Matt!
I’m stuck between 1 and 3. #1 reminds me of my peeps. #3 is a been there and seen that. So I’m forced to render a psychometric judgment. #1 is it! Applicable standards to be cited anon.
I love #3 because it’s true!