My mother and I whipped up a batch of Cranberry Margaritas as our Christmas Eve pre-dinner drink. We liked them so much that we repeated them again on Christmas day, and more recently for a Sunday evening get together. They’re tart and a tiny bit sweet, and they mix up quickly in a blender. Plus, they translate easily into a virgin-version for your pregnant sister-in-law (just add a bit more lime juice and a splash of OJ in place of the tequila and Cointreau)! Given their heart-toned hue, they make for a festive Valentine’s drink, too.
Recipe comes from cocktail.com
- 1 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar (Miss M recommends substantially less sugar – start with 1 Tbl and taste frequently)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh frozen cranberries, rinsed (freeze on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper)
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup Cointreau (orginal recipe calls for Grand Marnier, but Miss M recommends this substitute)
Mix together the first six ingredients. Pour half of mixture in the blender and fill rest with ice. Blend. Repeat with second half of mixture. Makes about two blender batches – which is enough to meet 4-6 people’s margarita desires, depending upon individual thirst levels.
For a romantic, flirtatious and Valentine’s inspired footwear choice, this floral suede pair by Bandolino is calling my name. And the coral patent sandals from Banana Republic bring a smile to my face.
My heart-toned picks might be a bit clichéd and traditional, but isn’t that the point of Valentine’s Day, anyways?
posted by Miss Mojito