A little over a year ago, Ms. S&C ran her first 5K. Since then, she’s run in ten 5Ks and one 5-miler. Her 11th race was this past weekend, when she ran the Crystal City Twilighter. It was sweltering, it was tough, but it was also so freakin’ gratifying. I don’t know if it was because of the cheering crowd, because other friends ran in the race, or because it was one of the hottest days of the year — this race was memorable.
What shoes was Ms. S&C wearing? A new pair of Brooks. What was Ms. S&C drinking? Well, a hell of a lot of water before and after the race. But, a little after 9 pm, she opened a beer — a Bud Light — and no beer has ever tasted better.
There was at least sweat and beers as Ms. S&C ran her 11th race on
one of the hottest days of the year.
Continuing with the S&C music momentum, Ms. S&C thought she’d share her current running playlist. While she doesn’t listen to music during races (she tries to make it on pure adrenaline), her iPod is a necessity for everyday runs.
The S&C running mix includes:
- Bruises — Chairlift (the song made popular by the iPod Nano commercials)
- Hey Ya! — Outkast
- MMMBop — Hanson (a little embarrassing, but whatevs, it is fun)
- Rill Rill — Sleigh Bells (love that it samples Funkadelic’s “Can You Get to That”)
- Drunk Girls — LCD Soundsystem
- Party in the U.S.A — Miley Cyrus
- Empire State of Mind — Jay-Z (and the Jay-Z song was on)
- You Know I’m No Good — Amy Winehouse (remix, featuring Ghostface Killah)
- Crazy — Gnarls Barkley
- Here Comes Your Man — Pixies
- My Place — The Adverts
- No Woman, No Cry — The Fugees
- Time to Pretend — MGMT
- Cold War — The Morning Benders
And finally, our public service announcement: go for a run. Go for a walk. Get outside. Then, drink to your health!
posted by Ms. S&C
That’s so wonderful article. I really like it. And I enjoyed a lot when I read that article. So thanks for posting me.