So, you’ve all likely seen, or at least heard about, Oprah’s Favorite Things segment. This is the annual show where she gives her studio guests her favorite products of the year. The gifts include anything from a high-definition TV to a book to a pair of shoes. And speaking of shoes, if you look at the list of products, since she started back in 2002, Oprah loves her some Ugg boots — they’ve made the list three times — and that’s with her skipping two years (in 2006, she gave everyone $1,000 cash to give-away; in 2008, she pared down the list considerably because of the sucky economy).
While hanging out at a friend’s birthday party over the weekend, this topic was much discussed. The question: if you could put together a basket of your ten favorite things, what would they be? A note: because you would be buying the products and giving them away, you may want to consider the item’s price tag (i.e. I love my iPod, but that’s not going in the basket).
Here’s my list:
- St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur (for a cocktail with champagne)
- Otis Redding album ( I would give fans Otis Blue, all others would get a “Best Of,” or maybe I’d make my own?)
- Lavender plant (my favorite scent in the world–for lotions, soaps, aromatherapy, and as a garnish in the St-Germain cocktail)
- Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar salad dressing (I’m really picky about salad dressing, and this is the.best.one.ever.)
- Joy of Cooking cookbook
- Yahtzee (discovered the fun of this game in college, and it continues)
- Silver bracelet from the Master Craftsman (love the handmade bracelets from this little shop in my college town)
- Pashmina (likely in black–that’s the one I wear around my office at least three days a week)
- Colgate battery-powered toothbrush (I’ve only had this for a few weeks, and it is my first experience with an electric toothbrush, but I don’t know how I could go back)
- Potbelly sandwich (seriously, I eat one a week, and you have to add the hot peppers)
Interesting that there are no shoes on my list. Maybe it is because I don’t own a pair of Uggs? Obviously, now that I’ve shared mine, Ms. S&C wants to know: What favorite things would you put in your basket?
posted by Ms. S&C