Rain, high winds, threats of coastal flooding – not exactly how Ms. S&C pictured her long weekend in Rehoboth Beach, DE. But, we made the most of it. While there was little sunshine to enjoy, there were plenty of other fun beach-y activities: walking along the boardwalk, frisbee in the surf, putt-putt golf, live music and plenty of dining out.
Places of culinary interest included:
- Back Porch Café – unique lobster, spinach and prosciutto terrine
- Dogfish Head Brewery – great beers and new DFH hand-crafted spirits (more to come–we picked up a bottle of Jin)
- Blue Moon – delicious beet salad and great service
- Nicola Pizza – love the “everything” pizza with sweet peppers
- FINS Fish House and Raw Bar – raw oysters and bar staff were excellent
- Claws Seafood House – blue crabs were as good as any we’ve had
- Oby Lee Coffee and Roastery – large selection of coffee and morning treats
Drink of the trip: Beer
Maybe it was a slight case of seasonal affective disorder, but I was in no mood for the typical fruity cocktails. No rum punch, no daiquiris, nothing resembling a tropical drink was consumed. Wine usually accompanied dinner, but otherwise it was all about beer: Pumpkin ale and IPAs from DFH, Paulaner Hefeweizen, beers from Anchor Brewing Company, and my light beer of choice–Amstel Light.